Sunday, April 1, 2007

Rutland BMX Track....

When I was playing in the indoor soccer season, one of my team-mates, Parker, was telling me about his upcoming BMX Season. He mentioned the Rutland track a couple of times, but I never knew where it was, only ever going to the skateboard track. So when this item came up on the news bulletin, I was interested to find out more;

BMX Track Gets Facelift - The Kelowna BMX bicycle motocross track behind the Rutland Arenas will be closed until Sunday April 1st to allow reconstruction for the 2007 race season. (Read Full Article)
You need a basic bike to get involved and obviously some protection, primarily a helmet(!), but some padding for the bars on your bike and you're set to give it a try.

For more info on the track the 2007 season, or to get involved, check out
http://www.kelownabmx.com/

You can also find links on the site to other BMX clubs in the Okanagan, if you're further away. Me, I'm off to get my helmet. See you there!

Other News

No comments: